Consignment Rules & What We Accept
We will only be taking consignment drop offs on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Saturday by appointment only.
1. We accept only CLEAN, freshly laundered items, with no stains, tears, missing buttons, musty/smoke smell, or pet hair. They must be in good condition and current styling. We want to be able to sell these clothes for you. Please have them in the condition you would like to buy them.
2. The Clothes Rack will set all prices. We have the right to markdown or put items on sale at any time. After 30 days the prices will automatically be reduced. You may pick up your items after 85 days, but we do not have time to pull them for you. If you choose to pull your items before 85 days you will be charged a .50 cent per item fee.
3. Any unsold tagged items become the property of The Clothes Rack, 90 days from drop-off date and maybe donated without notice to a local charity.
4. If an item sells for $1.99 or less, the money becomes the property of The Clothes Rack.
5. Payments in cash or check will be available after an item has sold. $10 and under can be used for store credit only.
6. It is your responsibility to collect any monies owing to you from your account. One year from the drop-off date, any uncollected monies become the property of The Clothes Rack. No notice will be sent.
7. We will do our best to look after your items, but we will not be held responsible for fire, theft, or damage.
8. We pay 40% commission on items sold, less a .50 cent- $1.99 per item fee paid by the purchaser. A higher percentage will be paid for designer items.
If you would like to consign your clothing, shoes, handbags, or accessories with us, download our Consignment Contract here.